The ShortShip Firefox extension allows you to find the *lowest* price on eBay, by actually modifying the ebay.com webpage to add new functionality! The problem with eBay? A $10 item with $2 shipping is more expensive than a $9 dollar item with $10 shipping according to eBay's 'sort by lowest price' since it doesn't take shipping into account at all!
Shipping costs are different depending on the seller. It could just be that one seller is located closer to you than another, and thus, shipping is cheaper if you go with the local guy. Every seller calculates shipping differently, sometimes to make his item appear cheaper on eBay's sorting. Check out the problem here. This is a major issue on eBay, and little has been done to correct it, until now!
This extension also adds many useful tools that you can see here.
Just install this plugin (following the installation guide), go to www.eBay.com (or any of about 12
supported international eBay sites!) and do a normal search. The plugin
will add 2 sortable
columns based on total cost. This
plug-in does the following:
- Adds a total cost column to your ebay search results. Just use eBay like normal! (see screenshot!)
- Converts all values to the same currency, so you can actually compare things properly!
- Allows you to filter feedback, so you can see only their negative comments
- Allows you to report excessive shipping to eBay with one click
- Filter results by a shipping range that you specify
With just shy of 32,000 users at last tally, ShortShip has proven itself a perfect eBay tool. It is constantly evolving to give you the best eBay experience possible!
Check out our Install Guide